A very easy supper dish.
Try adapting this and using items in your store cupboard such as sun dried tomatoes, pesto or jars of artichokes or peppers, here’s the video version
Ingredients: for 4 people
1 clove of garlic, chopped
2 red onions, chopped
300g cherry tomatoes
2 red peppers, cut into chunks
handful of fresh basil, torn
1 tablespoon olive oil
12 sausages or 18 chipolatas
300g fresh pasta
500ml jar passata
parmesan cheese shavings
salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220oc/gas 8.
2. Place the chopped garlic, onion, cherry tomatoes and peppers into a freezer bag along with the basil and olive oil, secure the top and toss so that the oil lightly covers the vegetables. Tip onto a baking tray
3. Sprinkle generously with salt and black pepper.
4. Roast for 20-30 minutes, until the tomatoes have split and the onion has softened.
5. In the meantime cook the sausages and the pasta
6. Drain the pasta and transfer to a heatproof dish, heat the passata and pour over the pasta, chop up the sausages and scatter these over the pasta followed by the roast vegetables.
7. Finish with a good twist of salt and black pepper, scatter over the parmesan cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.