This is a very quick sauce, you can serve it with dried or fresh pasta or use it as the basis for a number of different dishes
Ingredients: for 2 people
1 clove of garlic, chopped
2 red onions, chopped
500g cherry tomatoes
handful of fresh basil, torn
1 tablespoon olive oil
freshly grated parmesan cheese
pinch of salt
generous pinch of black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220oc/gas 8.
2. Place the chopped garlic, onion and cherry tomatoes into a freezer bag along with the basil and olive oil, secure the top and toss so that the oil lightly covers the vegetables. Tip onto a baking tray
3. Sprinkle generously with salt and black pepper.
4. Roast for 20-30 minutes, until the tomatoes have split and the onion has softened.
5. Pour over cooked pasta and finish with a handful of freshly grated parmesan to serve.