Super easy canapes for Christmas and New Year, all you need is a bag of small Charlotte potatoes and some toppings, some of which you may find in your fridge or larder.
Ingredients for around 30 mini jacket potatoes
Bag of mini Charlotte potatoes or any small potatoes, they should be two bites big
Toppings such as boursin, blue stilton, goat’s cheese, any hams or cooked meats, tapenade or pesto, any bottled antipasti such as peppers, artichoke hearts, etc or just salted butter and some sea salt and black pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 220c/gas 8/AGA roasting oven shelf on top set of runners
- Wash and dry the potatoes and lay them on a baking tray or directly on the oven shelf if they won’t fall through the gap.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until soft on the inside (insert a skewer and if there is no ‘give’ they are ready) and crunchy on the outside.
- Remove from the oven and immediately cut a ‘cross’ on the top and squeeze gently to release the steam. if you don’t do this your potatoes will lose the crispy skins and soften, they’ll still taste great though so don’t worry too much.
- Serve with a dollop of any of the above toppings in the ‘cross’.