This is soo good it’s untrue and the addition of the raspberries helps you kid yourself that it’s slightly healthy, it isn’t really. For a low fat version use low fat cream cheese or quark and omit the cream, it’s just as nice.
You can produce this various different ways
- as a whole cheesecake
- made in muffin cases for individual cheesecakes, peel off the muffin wrapper before serving and you have lovely crinkly edges
- canape versions, make in mini muffin cases and serve on Green’s of Devon’s edible tulip petals
- deconstructed canapes – serve the biscuit base crumbled in a pile, pipe the chocolate cheesecake mixture next to it and serve with whole raspberries, I’ve served these on an edible tulip petal and they look exquisite
Ingredients: for 12 individual cheesecakes or 24 minis
150g digestive biscuits or gingernuts
75g melted butter
300g white, milk or plain chocolate chips
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
400g cream cheese (full fat or low fat)
120ml whipping cream
1 punnet raspberries
How to make chocolate raspberry cheesecake… WASH YOUR HANDS
- Put the biscuits into a freezer bag, loosely tie the top and bash up with a wooden rolling pin until they biscuits are fine crumbs.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add the melted butter and mix to combine. Place a tablespoon of biscuit mixture into each of the muffin cases and press down to flatten.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave for 1-2 minutes on medium heat, or in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Whisk the cream cheese, whipping cream and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate mixture (NB if you are using milk or plain chocolate and want to create a swirl effect then carefully stir in the chocolate mixture but don’t combine it totally so you still see the white and brown marbling.) Very carefully stir in the raspberries – reserving 12 for the tops of the cheesecakes – for mini and deconstructed versions just keep them for the top, do not add to the chocolate mixture.
- Split the cheese mixture equally between the muffin cases making sure you flatten the tops. Top with a raspberry.
- Transfer to the fridge and chill for 8-24 hours. Remove from the cake cases and serve.
For a deconstructed version, make up point 1 then sprinkle the biscuit mix onto an edible tulip petal, make up the chocolate and cream cheese mix (point 3 and 4), omitting the raspberries, pipe the chocolate mix next to the pile of biscuit crumbs and serve with fresh raspberries next to them.