You can either buy granola or make your own with my superfood granola recipe. These are great for lunch boxes and to keep the kids going for extra curricular sports. Add the acai and maca powder for extra nutrients as they are classed as a superfood. Substitute the dried cranberries and raisins for other dried fruit if you wish such as dried cherries, chopped dates, goji berries, etc.
3 teaspoons acai powder (optional)
2 teaspoons maca powder (optional)
30g dried cranberries
50g coconut oil or butter
25g coconut palm sugar or demerara sugar
60g runny honey, agave nectar or maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 190c.gas 5, grease and line a 20cm square cake tin.
- Mix the granola with the acai, maca powders and the dried fruit.
- Melt the coconut oil or butter along with the sugar and syrup over a low heat – do NOT allow the mixture to boil.
- Pour the melted liquid over the granola mixture and stir to mix.
- Transfer into the prepared cake tin, press down well and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown (AGA roasting oven, shelf on oven floor for 10 minutes.)