Drop scones or scotch pancakes are very quick and simple to make, using store cupboard ingredients they make a super tea time treat, serve with lemon and sugar or butter and jam
Ingredients: for about 24
220g self raising flour
4-6 tablespoons milk
100g caster sugar
Butter for pan
How to make drop scones – WASH YOUR HANDS
- Sieve the flour into the bowl, make a well in the centre.
- Crack the eggs into the jug and add the milk. Beat with fork until well mixed and add to the well in the flour.
- Start mixing the batter in the middle of the bowl and gradually draw in the flour from the edges. The batter should be thick.
- Ask an adult to put on the frying pan and add about a teaspoon of butter. When the butter sizzles the pan is ready, lower the temperature slightly and using a spoon lower a spoonful of batter into the pan, let it cook for 3-4 minutes and then turn over and cook the other side. When it is cooked move it to the plate and cover with tea towel to keep it warm. Cook the rest of the batter.
- Serve with butter, jam, syrup whatever you fancy! And enjoy