These are cupcakes that you cook on a barbeque. They are fantastic if you want to impress the whole campsite while on holiday or just have fun playing at camping in the back garden in the summer, total ‘show off’ cooking.
Ingredients: for 12 cupcakes
150g soft butter or margarine
150g caster sugar
150g self raising flour
1. Light the barbeque, put the lid on and leave it to warm up for 15-20 minutes.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and flour and mix well, add and other flavourings (see below)
4. Cut 12 circles of alluminium foil about the size of a dinner plate, cut another 12 squares of baking parchment a little smaller, these are going to be the cake cases.
5. Scrunch up the alluminium foil cases around a mug to form a ‘cake case’, grease and line with the square of parchment. Repeat with the rest of the foil and parchment.
6. Split the mixture between the cases and put the cases onto the barbeque, close the lid and cook for 10 minutes. Check if they’re cooked by inserting a skewer into the centre, if it comes out clean they’re cooked, if not close the lid for a few minutes longer. The cupcakes may cook quicker or slower than in a normal oven as it’s difficult to regulate the temperature of a barbeque so make sure you keep checking them and when they’re cooked remove the cakes and leave to cool.