Ingredients: for 12 flapjacks
80g Demerara sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
125g rolled oats
125g jumbo oats
1 large Bramley apple, peeled and grated
250g blackberries, washed
- Preheat the oven to 180oc/gas mark 5/AGA Baking or Roasting oven.
- Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan over a medium head.
- Remove from heat, add the oats and grated apple and mix well.
- Grease a 20cm square cake tin, line with baking parchment.
- Gently mash the blackberries.
- Press half the flapjack mix into the base of the tin, spread the mashed blackberries gently over the top and top with the rest of the flapjack so the blackberries are sandwiched in the middle.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes until nicely browned. AGA second runner down in baking oven for 15-20 mins, in roasting oven, place the tin on the shelf on oven floor for 10 mins.
- This flapjack may take longer to cook than plain flapjack due to the high fruit content that makes it moister, it will also remain moist once cool.